- A Radical Centrist Alternative to the Obama Immigration Takeover and Constitutional Debacle
- A leadership discussion - Restore the Minnesota Independence Party and Tea Party independents
- Protecting America's 1st Amendment to Protect America
- Steve Carlson argues Franken election contest in Minnesota Supreme Court
- A call for liberty, equality and brotherhood in the face of the Paris attack
- Interrogatories posed to Sen. Al Franken and Sec. of State Mark Ritchie in Election Contest -- trial December 18
- 2014 Election Contest against Al Franken's destruction of Minnesota's Independence Party
- Steve Carlson: U.S. Senate Nominee explains why he's suing to enter debates
- Letter/Petition to Minnesota State Canvassing Board seeks basic democratic rights
- Steve Carlson statement on Michael Brown verdict and positions of Sens. Franken and Klobuchar
- IP's Steve Carlson explains why states cannot be required to replace real marriage with oppression by homosexuals
- Steve addresses the press about weaknesses in Senator Franken's first-term approach and educational failure
- Stop the train wreck now! Honeywell shows the new "healthcare" landscape
- Welcome to a U.S. Senate campaign and campaign for free and fair elections!
- Steve Carlson responds to Abby Simons remark that I'm running a "nominal campaign"
- Steve Carlson's Reply to CBS Broadcasing on excluding him from U.S. Senate candidate debate
- Steve Carlson sues to open Senate debates with Al Franken in FCC
- Duluth Debate - Sen. Franken tries to explain what he can do to help northern MN economy
- Getting Minnesota back on the right road: Shifting statewide transportation back to the States
- Steve Carlson criticizes DFL Minnesota Ebola as fatally flawed
- Steve Carlson: Who gave Barack Obama authority to divert boots on the ground for Ebola? Al Franken?
- Minnesota Independence Party candidates discuss it's destiny and its purpose with Strib
- Steve Carlson draws differences with Al Franken in StarTribune interview
- Steve Carlson comments on Sen. Franken's posture on ObamaCare
- Duluth Debate for U.S. Senate - Steve Carlson, Independence Party of Minnesota
- Steve Heads to Duluth Minnesota for big U.S. Senate Debate Today as Legally Qualified Candidate
- Debate This! Why I don't get excited about repealing moribund ObamaCare
- Debate this! Foreign policy 1 IP-MN Nominee challenges Franken/McFadden on Middle East missteps
- Independence Party Nominee investigates Duluth debate that excludes Independence Party per se
- U.S. Senate Nominee for IP-MN faces exclusion from broadcast Senate race debate
- Steve Carlson confronts Franken and Dayton on actions against Vikings, Peterson
- Carlson, Franken, McFadden can't WAIT to DEBATE in Minnesota!
- Remember how we got to MNSure and ObamaCare? 2010. We need another wave election right now, 2014
- Shine Your Light to Change Your World November 4
- U.S. Senate Nominee in Green Line accident, sees safety problems from the inside
- Bermuda/Ireland triangle - How economics debate, loads of cash, disappeared somewhere near Bermuda Islands
- Michele MacDonald--an AMAZING woman and next Minnesota SC Justice
- The Threat of Minnesota Parties - and the hope of independents
- Steve Carlson education motivation teacher
- Looking for Al - Tea Party Senate candidate seeks debate relationship with Al Franken
- How Congress restoring the usury laws to the states will create jobs
- David Lillehaug-led Mark Dayton Minnesota Supreme Court supports DFL gender and race quotas in endorsements
- Steve Carlson KSTP Public Service Announcement - Expanded
A frank response to Al Franken's defense of ObamaCare
Submitted by admin on Thu, 11/18/2010 - 12:31
I watched this interview. A good interview, although I thought the label of ObamaCare as "visionary" might have been a little subjective. Apart from a brief reference to the "North Side Achievement Zone", which I'm interested in learning more about, certainly we want achievement, Franken had little of substance to say except for a mischaracterization of the so-called "comprehensive" nature of ObamaCare.
In this interview, http://bit.ly/d7zvpw Franken claims that the lynchpin is the deal to get pharmaceutical and insurance to "kick in" more money in return for getting to cover 31 million additional uninsured. Even assuming this figure is correct, the ones who are kicking in the extra money are those 31 million uninsured. It is their money that will allow more money to be spent, plus the $500 billion Franken would take from American seniors through Medicare.
A little honesty from Al Franken would be refreshing. Perhaps Franken will be good enough to correct some of his figures. Let me add, also, that Franken dissed the Tea Party. I would like to see him debate Twyla Tharp on health care. I would like him to look at the comments of the Mayo Clinic posted on my website http://bit.ly/buD1bL
To be perfectly honest, Franken, why don't you admit that what is stopping real reform is Obama's signals that he will veto any attempt to repeal his disaster and exchange it for REAL health care reform? Don't try all this smoke and mirrors of the "comprehensive" package. This is not "rancor". Just get real. And again, thanks for the interview and discussion. 2012 gets here soon and what Obama does now will determine a lot. You say "go for it" Obama? Okay, I'm going for it, and so are most Americans. How about a little more respect for the country that has been so good to you? And get away from the abortionists, too, it's disturbing.